Samsung refrigerators are some of the most popular in the world, and for good reason! They come with a variety of features that make them great choices for people who want a quality refrigerator. One of these features is the water filter, and it’s important to know how to change it. This guide will show you how to change your Samsung refrigerator water filter without any trouble.
What is the Purpose of a Water Filter?
The purpose of a water filter is to remove contaminants from the water supply. Contaminants can include bacteria, chemicals, and minerals. A water filter will also remove sediment and other floating material.
How to Change Your Samsung Refrigerator Water Filter
If you’re like most people, your refrigerator is a source of comfort and convenience. But did you know that it can also be a source of health problems? The water inside your refrigerator can contain high levels of bacteria and other pathogens that can cause food poisoning. To avoid becoming sick, it’s important to clean your refrigerator regularly. Here’s how to change your Samsung refrigerator water filter:
- Turn off the power to the fridge by unplugging the electrical cord from the wall outlet.
- Open the door of the fridge and remove the water filter cover by pressing down on one end and pulling it off of the hinges. If there are any screws holding the cover in place, remove them now.
- Unscrew the water filter housing by turning it counterclockwise with a Phillips screwdriver. Do not overtighten the screws! They will strip if tightened too much.
- Remove the old water filter by hand or with a screwdriver fitted with a impeller head (a tool designed to break up clumps). Rinse out the new water filter in clear running water and replace it on top of the housing, screwing it in place until it clicks into place. Be sure to orientate the arrow on top of the housing so that it points towards “Refrigerator Water” when installed in your fridge (see picture below). Replace any screws that were removed during installation. More catagory post vist.
If you’re having trouble keeping your refrigerator running smoothly, it might be time to have it serviced. A filter can often be the culprit of a sluggish fridge, and if left unchecked, it can even cause damage.
At fastrepaircare.ae, we offer refrigerator repair services that will help you get your appliance back up and running as quickly and efficiently as possible. Our team of experts is equipped with the latest knowledge and technology needed to fix your fridge filter, and they’ll work diligently to ensure that your fridge is functioning at its best once again.
Don’t wait any longer; schedule your refrigerator repair today at fastrepaircare.ae!
Tips for Changing Your Own Water Filter
If you have a Samsung refrigerator, there is a water filter that needs to be replaced about every 6 months. Here are some tips for changing your own water filter:
- Unplug your refrigerator and remove the water filter by removing the screws on the top of the unit.
- Remove the old filter by peeling it off of the housing. Be careful not to damage the housing or wiring connections while doing this.
- Clean all of the old debris and dust off of the new filter before installing it into the housing.
- Align and press down on the filter until it snaps into place. Make sure that all of the electrical connections are secure before closing up the unit back up with screws.
- Plug in your refrigerator and test for leaks by filling a container with water and placing it in the bottom drawer of your refrigerator – if leaks are present, replace your refrigerator water filter.